Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Feud.

I have been terribly sick these last few days with a flu-like condition. I have missed school and work waaaay too much. Today after barfing up my breakfast, I went back to bed to find that I was not tired. Sick, but not tired.

There's not much on TV during the day. I watched something about a 57 year old woman having a baby, and it was a little gross. I watched something about the world's strictest parents and I was sad because they liked to spy on their kids. I watched a telenovela called "Amar en Tiempos Revueltos" and I got confused because I can't remember anything about the Spanish Civil War.

Yesterday, I woke up in a weird daze convinced that I would die if I didn't have a Sprite to drink. Jeff wasn't home, so I put on my bleached-stained high school Spanish team shirt with no bra and some too-short exercise pants that of course have never been exercised in and drove to McDonald's. I was very disoriented and kind of thought it was Christmas because it was snowing like a banshee. (Yes, I have enough cognition to know banshees don't exist or snow) As I was driving to get my life-saving Sprite, I decided that instead my life would end if I didn't buy a book. So, with my wheels screeching, I turned suddenly to go to Borders. (Sorry I didn't tell you this story, Jeff. I'm more than a little ashamed.)

I walked into Border with my bad hygiene and crazy eyes and looked for the book of my choice. When I couldn't find the particular book I was seeking, I started wandering around the store and crying. Finally, I ran into an employee and they asked if they could help me. I mumbled something about how I couldn't find my book probably because it was sold out. She took me to a cart that had the book on it, and I made some pitiful reference to how I was having a bad day and needed a teen romance to get me through. I cried tears of joy and the nice employee thought I was crazy. I was a little crazy.

That should have been a happy ending but it wasn't. I read the book. (Splendor, one of those frothy Luxe books that Vienna knows I really like.) I won't spoil anything for anyone who also secretly reads books younger than they should, but the ending was very disappointing for a sick girl in need of a romantic read. Perhaps I'm going to have to start reading more adult novels, but Splendor turned me off to any sort of book. I just get too emotionally invested.

So it's back to TV for me. Unfortunately, there's only one show that seems to be on. That show is Family Feud.


I've hit a new low. Pray for me.

8 comments:

Homeschool Mamma said...

Have you seen Jeeves and Wooster? Should I bring it by?

Karissa said...

Oh I'm sorry dear! If you need some other entertainement besides TV, give me a ring! Perhaps I'll make a flamingo dance on my lap or something.

Rob and Vienna said...

That's terrible. Splendor wasn't even good?! And you resorted to Family Feud?! At least you can count your blessings to know that my husband would kill a man to be able to watch Family Feud again. He really misses fast money.

Gillian said...

Now I am craving Sprite Zero but really hoping that you are feeling 100% better!

PS Both of our recent posts involve the lack of bra wearing in front of strangers. I think we are meant to be.

Than & Lina said...

No fun, take care!

Jeff said...

I still love you.

Anonymous said...

Resorted!? Resorted!? This is Rob, and it is a blessing to watch Family Feud! My life gets better whenever the points are tripled...

Anonymous said...

I dont care how bad it was, me needs some splendor. please? also, I love you..